The 5 Best Butt Exercises That You Can Do at Home
Do you know that you can trim and sculpt your glutes without hitting the gym? Yea! Just some simple butt exercises from the comfort of your living room can help you get firm butts. Surprised right? We'll show you how to achieve that in this article.
Selling panties is not always easy, and most of your pictures will show your butt. So, why not to take some minutes at home and try to do some specific workout for your butt? You will have an amazing shape in a few weeks, and your pictures will show it?
Stand up, keep reading, and start training!
But before that, note that building your glutes benefits much more than looking smashing in jeans or underwear.
This major muscle group helps to support all types of movements, from walking to running, and then to jumping and sprinting. More so, a strong butt can help relieve lower back pain.
It's all benefits!
I know you can't wait to see those fantastic butt workouts you can try from the comfort of your home, right? Well, without much ado, check them out!
Best home-friendly Butt Exercises for women
The Bridge is one of the simplest butt exercises you can try as a beginner. It is an amazing butt workout because it goes beyond just your glutes. It also works your hamstrings, abdominals, and back. So if you're suffering from back pain, you can get relief with this exercise.
How to perform it:
- Lie completely flat on your back.
- Raise your knees and lift your butts to attain a straight line position from knees to head.
- Maintain your heels in line with your knees. Don't push it, make it stay far from your knees.
- Sustain for 10 seconds.
- Relax your body and return to the initial flat position for one rep.
- Repeat the process 5-10 times in 3 sets.
You can make the exercise harder by adding a resistance band around your knees. Also, if you suffer from back strain as you perform this exercise, try to check to ensure you're not lifting from your chest. The right way is to lift from your hips and ensure your abs stay tight.
#2- Leg Lift.
You can build your glutes and the muscles on the outside of your hips using the leg lift butt exercise. The exciting part is that you start feeling it working in all the right places the moment you begin.
How to perform it:
- Lie flat on your side keeping your legs straight and stacked.
- Place your top hand on the floor in front of you and prop up your head on the other hand.
- Gradually raise your top leg to the highest bearable height, keeping your bottom leg still on the floor.
- With the same slow pace, return your top leg to the floor for one rep.
- Complete 20 reps per leg and do three sets for each leg.
You can put a band at the middle of your calves or above your knees to keep this exercise more challenging.
#3- Donkey Kicks.
The donkey kicks are one of the best butt exercises you can try as a lady at home. Although it might seem too simple for you, it works excellent function for an all-round glute pump. It targets both the gluteus maximus and the gluteus medius. Not only that, but it goes further to elicits a significant amount of muscular activity in your hamstrings (which helps for building an attractive backside).
How to perform it:
- Start on all fours keeping your wrist below your shoulders and your knees below your hips.
- Slowly lift your left leg initiating the movement from your glutes/hips. Keep your knees bent while lifting your leg to the ceiling.
- Slowly bring down your legs to initial position.
- Complete 10-12 reps for each leg.
Ensure you don't arch your back while lifting your leg to ensure effectiveness and safety. Also, keep your shoulders and hips in square position with the floor to avoid rotating your hips. Remember, this butt exercise for women is not about how high you can lift your legs, but it's all about activating your glutes to raise your legs.
#4- Superman Jacks.
This butt exercise for women is effective firing up your glutes. However, you have to ensure you focus on squeezing your glutes and keep your feet always off the floor. You'll begin to feel the effect on your upper and side glute fibers as your legs move apart. Even as you bring your legs together, your glutes still stay very much activated.
How to do it:
- Lie flat with your face facing the ground.
- Widen your legs and arms in an "X" shape and begin the "jumping jacks" in that position for 30 seconds (no real jacking involved).
- Complete 3 sets of this butt workout.
If you feel pains in your lower back, you can lower your chest and arms to the floor and continue with the leg movement. But as soon as you feel you're ready to include your upper body, go back into the "X" position. Also, ensure you keep your knees straightened out during the Floor Jacks.
#5- Deep Squat.
The deep squat is an amazing butt exercise that every lady who wants to build the glute muscles should try at home. The beauty is that you not only work on your butt but also develop your core when you do the deep squats properly. Invariably, your butt has to drop below your knees to get the best glute work.
How to perform it:
- Stand upright and keep your feet wider than hip-width apart.
- Keep your back straight and lower your but to the ground (as close as possible), but ensure you don't lose balance.
- Return to the starting position for one rep.
- Complete 15 reps and do three sets.
You can place a band just above your knees to make this butt workout more challenging. This way, your glutes work harder to keep your knees apart as you perform this exercise.
Do I Need Weights for Butt Exercises at Home?
No! You don't need any weight to perform these best butt exercises at home. What you need is to be consistent with whichever option of the butt workouts you chose to follow.
Consider taking some pictures on the first day and again in a month to take pictures. You will see the difference, and it will keep your motivation up!
Ladies listen! It's not true that until you register with a gym or get an expert instructor before you would be able to trim and sculpt your glutes.
You can follow any of these best butt exercises at home and get that eye-catching backside. Don't wait any longer. Create a space anywhere in your home and begin.
Three or four times a week for 20-30 minutes will be enough to see the difference. Do you join the challenge?! It starts today! Take some pictures today and in 30 days again. Then you can forward them to us, and we will promote the best butts transformations!